Why I love the Fujifilm X-T2
In 2016, Fujifilm’s X-T2 appeared and quickly made a good name for itself in the photographic world. At that time, I was shooting a Pentax K3 and had been happy with it. But after a lot of thinking I decided to jump ship. Why? Many reasons why. Pentax make some great cameras, but as I soon found out, Fujifilm made something better. Here are my reasons why I don’t regret the move at all.
It has an EVF
An EVF (electronic viewfinder) is just amazing. On the display, you’ll see the picture that you are going to get when you take the shot, something that isn’t possible with an OVF (optical viewfinder). It’s also got a histogram there, to help you get the correct exposure. And it also has focus peaking, which makes manual focusing so much easier. All the information you need for photography can be seen here.
No IBIS, OIS ... or whatever you want to call it
I’ve started to enjoy having a camera with no onboard stabilization of any type. It makes me think about my settings more, because if I don’t, using a slow shutter speed might introduce some blur into my photos. Each time I shoot now, I need to look at that EVF for my current settings. I need to think about the focal length I’m using and then think about the aperture, ISO and shutter speed settings I need to get the desired effect. I think it helps me to become a better photographer. Well, at least it makes me feel like I’m becoming a better photographer! Yes, I know some of the Fuji lenses have OIS …
The low-light performance is great
There are cameras with better low-light abilities, but in this area I am more than satisfied with how the X-T2 performs. Some people will have a different opinion to me, but as far as I’m concerned even a picture taken at 10000 ISO is very usable.
The experience of taking a photo
You’ve probably heard people talk about this. Shooting the X-T2 is an experience. The look of the X-T2, the feel of it, the lenses, the knobs and the dials, the quality of the camera itself AND the quality of the pictures it produces all combine to make it into a great photographic tool. Every time I shoot it, I really enjoy it. It encourages me to shoot. If photography had a shrine to pray at, this would be it.
This is great. The screen tilts, tilts down and from left to right. Funnily though, it doesn’t tilt from right to left. That’s okay because even only having three directions available to tilt is enough and very useable. It makes taking high shots and lows shots very easy. As I’m a rapidly aging man, it has saved my knees many a time!
So, that pretty much sums up why I love this camera. There are other reasons that could be added to this list (e.g. film simulations), but these are the main ones why I the Fujifilm X-T2 is a great camera. I know there will be other people who will disagree with me and aren’t keen on what Fuji has created, but that’s ok. Everyone has their own ideal, a different budget and a different set of priorities. If I had the money I’d love to buy one of their medium format GFX 50s, but I don’t, so I’ll stick with my X-T2 and I’m happy with that. Very, very happy.
You can see Fujfilm’s website here.
If you wish to purchase this amazing camera through Amazon please use our link below.
- Oct 22, 2017 Sapporo Black Label 2017 Limited Edition Black Beer - a short review Oct 22, 2017
- Oct 20, 2017 My Favourite Japanese Sweet - Dango Oct 20, 2017
- Oct 15, 2017 Tokyo at Night - Sensoji Oct 15, 2017
- Oct 11, 2017 My First YouTube Video - at the Sonpo Japan Building Oct 11, 2017
- Oct 4, 2017 I'm glad I went Oct 4, 2017
- Sep 29, 2017 Tokyo Craft Pale Ale - my favourite beer Sep 29, 2017
- Sep 27, 2017 Tokyo in Black and White - Kichijoji Sep 27, 2017
- Sep 21, 2017 Tokyo Game Show 2017 Sep 21, 2017
- Sep 20, 2017 Bread in a can Sep 20, 2017
- Sep 18, 2017 An Unmanned shop in Tokyo Sep 18, 2017
- Sep 15, 2017 Coffee in your Cola? Sep 15, 2017
- Sep 13, 2017 Yona Yona Ale - one of the best Sep 13, 2017
- August 2017 5
- July 2017 3
- Jun 29, 2017 Wadakura Fountain Park - 和田倉噴水公園 Jun 29, 2017
- Jun 21, 2017 Hydrangeas at Myohoji in 2017 Jun 21, 2017
- Jun 19, 2017 My First Model Photo Shoot Jun 19, 2017
- Jun 14, 2017 Hydrangeas at Hakusan Shrine in 2017 Jun 14, 2017
- Jun 7, 2017 Tokyo Metropolitan Memorial Hall - remembering the 1923 earthquake Jun 7, 2017
- Jun 1, 2017 Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2017 Opening Ceremony Jun 1, 2017
- May 25, 2017 Tokyo at Night - Shinjuku May 25, 2017
- May 21, 2017 Sanja Festival 2017 - shots from Kaminarimon May 21, 2017
- May 15, 2017 Sarashobou: Serious Books in Tokyo May 15, 2017
- May 12, 2017 Tokyo at Night - Omotesando May 12, 2017
- May 5, 2017 Children's Day in Tokyo 2017 May 5, 2017
- May 2, 2017 Azaleas at Nezu shrine in 2017 May 2, 2017
- Apr 29, 2017 Wisteria at Kameido-Tenjin Apr 29, 2017
- Apr 13, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Zenpukuji River Park - 2017 Apr 13, 2017
- Apr 11, 2017 Cherry blossoms on the Kanda river - 2017 Apr 11, 2017
- Apr 7, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Inokashira park - 2017 Apr 7, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Aoyama cemetery - 2017 Apr 5, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Shinjuku Gyoen - 2017 Apr 4, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Chidorigafuchi - 2017 Apr 4, 2017
- March 2017 3
- February 2017 2
- Jan 13, 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon 2017 - it's all about cars and girls Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 1, 2017 New Year's Day in Tokyo -2017 Jan 1, 2017
- December 2016 5
- November 2016 5
- September 2016 2
- August 2016 2
- July 2016 2
- June 2016 4