Tokyo at Night - Omotesando
Last night, as I had no work, I decided to take a walk along Omotesando, the main road that goes through Harajuku. As I’m a teacher I very rarely get weekday nights off so it was good to do stuff regular people do, like taking a walk at night and doing window shopping. Nothing special but very enjoyable.
Harajuku is always a good place to walk during the day, but at night it is, of course, very different. For example, the Dior building, Apple, HM and Prada for example are just amazing pieces of architecture but when the lights go on they go to another level.
So many of these buildings are iconic. My favourite? Probably the Boss building, but the Dior building is very close. I also like the HM building, but I guess technically it isn’t really on Omotesando.
The area is always a busy place and even at 8 pm when the shops are closing there are still lots of people in Harajuku as the area has many restaurants, izakayas and places to drink. One thing I did notice last night was the number of talent scouts on the streets. Harajuku being the fashionable place it is attracts a large number of equally fashionable young lads and ladies who are prime targets for the scouts of the fashion industry and entertainment world.
A few years ago, I used to teach at a talent agency and some of my students in the past have been talent scouts but they were all older people, thirty years old and up, but no more it seems from what I see on the streets lately. Many of them now appear to be straight out of university, very young people. Next time I’ll have to get some pictures of them in action.
Another thing I like about Harajuku are the window displays, so many good ones there to see. Boss, Nescafe, Apple and so many others have really cool displays and just walking the streets to look at them can be very entertaining.
If you want to something to do at night in Tokyo a walk along Omotesando to enjoy the buildings, window shopping and people watching could keep you entertained for a few hours.
- August 2017 4
- July 2017 3
- Jun 29, 2017 Wadakura Fountain Park - 和田倉噴水公園 Jun 29, 2017
- Jun 21, 2017 Hydrangeas at Myohoji in 2017 Jun 21, 2017
- Jun 19, 2017 My First Model Photo Shoot Jun 19, 2017
- Jun 14, 2017 Hydrangeas at Hakusan Shrine in 2017 Jun 14, 2017
- Jun 7, 2017 Tokyo Metropolitan Memorial Hall - remembering the 1923 earthquake Jun 7, 2017
- Jun 1, 2017 Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2017 Opening Ceremony Jun 1, 2017
- May 25, 2017 Tokyo at Night - Shinjuku May 25, 2017
- May 21, 2017 Sanja Festival 2017 - shots from Kaminarimon May 21, 2017
- May 15, 2017 Sarashobou: Serious Books in Tokyo May 15, 2017
- May 12, 2017 Tokyo at Night - Omotesando May 12, 2017
- May 5, 2017 Children's Day in Tokyo 2017 May 5, 2017
- May 2, 2017 Azaleas at Nezu shrine in 2017 May 2, 2017
- Apr 29, 2017 Wisteria at Kameido-Tenjin Apr 29, 2017
- Apr 13, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Zenpukuji River Park - 2017 Apr 13, 2017
- Apr 11, 2017 Cherry blossoms on the Kanda river - 2017 Apr 11, 2017
- Apr 7, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Inokashira park - 2017 Apr 7, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Aoyama cemetery - 2017 Apr 5, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Shinjuku Gyoen - 2017 Apr 4, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Chidorigafuchi - 2017 Apr 4, 2017
- March 2017 3
- February 2017 2
- Jan 13, 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon 2017 - it's all about cars and girls Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 1, 2017 New Year's Day in Tokyo -2017 Jan 1, 2017
- December 2016 5
- November 2016 5
- September 2016 2
- August 2016 2
- July 2016 2
- June 2016 4