Cherry blossoms at Hikarigaoka park - 2017
Today, before work started, I went to Hikarigaoka park in Tokyo’s Nerima ward to have a look at the cherry blossoms. It was my first time to go there and I thought it was pretty good, but very different to Shinjuku Gyoen, Kiyosumi, Hama-Rikyu and Koishikawa, very much multi-purpose and to be used and enjoyed by everyone. As well as being a park it has tennis courts, a baseball field, running track, a bird sanctuary, gymnasium and a kyudo range. It’s the kind of place where the locals hang out - go for a walk (with or without a dog), jog, kick a ball around with the kids or even have a picnic.
And today there were a lot of people having picnics as the cherry blossoms were starting to bloom. Unfortunately for me, time was limited so I just shot in two areas: where everyone was having their picnics and the road that leads into the park. I think you can see by looking at the pictures that even though there were a lot of people enjoying hanami (cherry blossom viewing), the trees weren’t quite at their best, but the weather was nice and warm so everyone still looked happy with what was on offer.
Hopefully in another few days the cherry blossoms will be at their peak in Tokyo, but according to the weather report tomorrow (Friday) and the next day (Saturday) will be rain. Let’s hope everything will be perfect for Sunday or Monday. I’m hoping for Monday myself as I’ll be working on Sunday, poor me.
Even though the cherry blossom season for 2017 has just barely started, let us know if you have already seen them in other places and what your thoughts are. And if you want to find out more about Hikarigaoka park you can check out its website here.
- Apr 13, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Zenpukuji River Park - 2017 Apr 13, 2017
- Apr 11, 2017 Cherry blossoms on the Kanda river - 2017 Apr 11, 2017
- Apr 6, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Inokashira park - 2017 Apr 6, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Aoyama cemetery - 2017 Apr 5, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Shinjuku Gyoen - 2017 Apr 4, 2017
- Apr 3, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Chidorigafuchi - 2017 Apr 3, 2017
- March 2017 3
- February 2017 2
- Jan 13, 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon 2017 - it's all about cars and girls Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 1, 2017 New Year's Day in Tokyo -2017 Jan 1, 2017
- December 2016 5
- November 2016 5
- September 2016 2
- August 2016 2
- July 2016 2
- June 2016 4