Design Festa vol. 44
This weekend I went to Tokyo Big Sight for Design Festa vol. 44 which is apparently, the biggest art show in Asia. To be honest, I really wouldn't call it an art show, as it is show much more. I'd actually term it the complete entertainment event because it has so much there other than art.
It is so diverse with artists, creators, photographers, designers, food and lots of live music. Everyone turned out a lot of new material for the event: paintings, sculpture, fashion, art, postcards, accessories, songs and some other rather quirky stuff ... it is so cool. And one of the best things about it is that it is open to everyone, so you get to see lots and lots from professionals through to students who can make some really amazing stuff!
The only thing I thought wasn't so good this year was the weather. Outside, the number of people seemed to be down compared to previous events as the clouds were very grey. However, the acts were great and I enjoyed everything I saw especially Nagashima, Patron and a group from the U.S., Captain Wailer and the Harpoons. These three groups were very loud and very energetic, really entertaining stuff. Anyway, all the groups that were stage were just great. It'll be interesting to see who will be at the next event in 2017.
Inside Tokyo Big Sight, everything that was on display/sale there, was of such great quality. You could easily pick up environmentally-friendly iPhone speakers, paintings, clothes, jewelry, accessories and the list goes on and on. A lot of people also turn up for Design Festa in cosplay, and some of them put so much effort into their costumes, really fabulous stuff.
At the door you could pick tickets up for 1000 yen, which is a pretty good price since you can easily spend the whole day there, tremendous value for money. Design Festa is over now, but it will return next year, so keep an eye open for it!
You can see the Design Festa vol. 44 website here. I haven't asked for the official figures yet, but I feel it attracted more people than the previous event. Design Festa and Gakuten, which is the sister event for students is run by Design Festa Gallery which is located in Tokyo's Harajuku. You can see its website here.
- Cherry blossoms
- Imperial Palace
- Long-exposure photography
- Makuhari Messe
- Night photography
- plum blossoms
- Sanja Festival
- Sumida River
- Tokyo Auto Salon
- Tokyo Big Sight
- Jun 29, 2017 Wadakura Fountain Park - 和田倉噴水公園 Jun 29, 2017
- Jun 21, 2017 Hydrangeas at Myohoji in 2017 Jun 21, 2017
- Jun 19, 2017 My First Model Photo Shoot Jun 19, 2017
- Jun 14, 2017 Hydrangeas at Hakusan Shrine in 2017 Jun 14, 2017
- Jun 7, 2017 Tokyo Metropolitan Memorial Hall - remembering the 1923 earthquake Jun 7, 2017
- Jun 1, 2017 Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia 2017 Opening Ceremony Jun 1, 2017
- May 25, 2017 Tokyo at Night - Shinjuku May 25, 2017
- May 21, 2017 Sanja Festival 2017 - shots from Kaminarimon May 21, 2017
- May 15, 2017 Sarashobou: Serious Books in Tokyo May 15, 2017
- May 12, 2017 Tokyo at Night - Omotesando May 12, 2017
- May 5, 2017 Children's Day in Tokyo 2017 May 5, 2017
- May 2, 2017 Azaleas at Nezu shrine in 2017 May 2, 2017
- Apr 29, 2017 Wisteria at Kameido-Tenjin Apr 29, 2017
- Apr 13, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Zenpukuji River Park - 2017 Apr 13, 2017
- Apr 11, 2017 Cherry blossoms on the Kanda river - 2017 Apr 11, 2017
- Apr 7, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Inokashira park - 2017 Apr 7, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Aoyama cemetery - 2017 Apr 5, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Shinjuku Gyoen - 2017 Apr 4, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Chidorigafuchi - 2017 Apr 4, 2017
- March 2017 3
- February 2017 2
- Jan 13, 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon 2017 - it's all about cars and girls Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 1, 2017 New Year's Day in Tokyo -2017 Jan 1, 2017
- December 2016 5
- November 2016 5
- September 2016 2
- August 2016 2
- July 2016 2
- June 2016 4