Halloween in Shibuya - 2016
Wow!! That is all I can say ... just wow!! There were a serious amount of people in Shibuya tonight. Halloween at the crossing it just a people overload experience. Lots of people were dressed up for the occasion with some looking rather cute and sexy through to those who looked pretty downright scary, with everything else in between. I even saw a few guys just wearing underwear over their heads!
Tonight I wasn't even planning to go, but one of my students mentioned that it was all happening and as I had a camera in my bag, I decided to get a snap a few shots on my way home. Now I'm wishing I had had my DSLR with me as my little Ricoh GR II compact doesn't take the best pictures at night. And even though I was in a hurry to get home, being tired and rather hungry after work, I managed to get a few snaps and everyone was very accommodating when asked for their photo.
To be really honest though, considering how packed Shibuya was, it wasn't out of control nor overly noisy. It was mainly people walking around looking back at other people who were looking at them kind of thing and then moving to Shibuya crossing to see how many people could be crammed into one small piece of road in Tokyo. Near the Hachiko statue, you'd see a few people ask others to take photos together, but that was about it. The whole event was nothing too wild, no crazy partying, which I guess is a good thing. If I had to sum it up I'd say it was like ... having quiet fun in a very crowded place.
I've never really been into Halloween, just not a part of my culture I guess, but after tonight I think I might make the effort and join the crowds in Shibuya next year.
- Cherry blossoms
- Tokyo Big Sight
- plum blossoms
- Makuhari Messe
- Imperial Palace
- Tokyo Auto Salon
- Sumida River
- Yasukuni shrine
- Tokyo Midtown
- Hie Shrine
- Apr 13, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Zenpukuji River Park - 2017 Apr 13, 2017
- Apr 11, 2017 Cherry blossoms on the Kanda river - 2017 Apr 11, 2017
- Apr 6, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Inokashira park - 2017 Apr 6, 2017
- Apr 5, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Aoyama cemetery - 2017 Apr 5, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Shinjuku Gyoen - 2017 Apr 4, 2017
- Apr 3, 2017 Cherry blossoms at Chidorigafuchi - 2017 Apr 3, 2017
- March 2017 3
- February 2017 2
- Jan 13, 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon 2017 - it's all about cars and girls Jan 13, 2017
- Jan 1, 2017 New Year's Day in Tokyo -2017 Jan 1, 2017
- December 2016 5
- November 2016 5
- September 2016 2
- August 2016 2
- July 2016 2
- June 2016 4